PHASES of Operations Research
1. Judgement Phase
This phase includes the following activities:
- Determinations of the operations.
- Establishment of Objectives and values related to the operationss.
- Determination of Suitable measures of effectiveness.
- Formulation of problems relative to the objectives.
2. Research Phase
This phase utilises the following methodologies:
- Operation and data collection for better understnading of the problems.
- Formulation of Hypothesis and model
- Observation and experimentation to test the hypothesis on the basis of additional data.
- Analysis of the available information and verification of the hypothesis using pre-established measure of effectiveness.
- Predition of various results and considerations of alternative methods.
3. Action Phase
This phase involves making recommendations for the decision process. The recommendation can be made by those who identify and present the problem or by anyone who influences the operation in which the problem has occured.